Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Let The Music Move You: Epilogue (Les Misérables 2012 Movie Soundtrack)






So, lately, I've been having this big obsession with the "Epilogue" of the 2012 movie version of Les Misérables. Anne Hathaway, Hugh Jackman, Amanda Seyfried, Eddie Redmayne, and Colm Wilkinson, and the rest of the cast were so great.

Now, the official store-bought soundtrack starts with Anne's beautiful voice. In a way, if you know what I mean, she sounds so happy in this song. I mean compared to "I Dreamed a Dream ", she is SO happy. I love the part where she says "You raised my child in love, and you will be with God." Also, I do want to point out the way the stringed instruments sound after this, AMAZING job. Amanda Seyfried's voice comes in, and of course it sounds so beautiful. Eddie, well, Eddie is Eddie in his wonderful way. Hugh Jackman's voice, is raw emotion and so powerful. You really think he's dying. I mean, you can hear the struggle in his voice to sing. I love when Amanda persists, "You will live, Papa you're going to live, it's too soon, too soon to say," and here she takes a small pause, "good-bye." You can hear in Hugh's voice a little humor, when he sings, "Yes, Cosette, forbid me now to die. I'll obey, I will try."

Now, this is the part where I start tearing up.
"On this page, I write my last confession, read it well, when I at last am sleeping. It's the story, of a man who turned from hating. A man who only learned to love when you were in his keeping." Oh Hugh, your acting is remarkable, as well as your voice.

And here's where I start balling my eyes out.
Right after Hugh says these lines, you can hear Amanda crying and saying, "I know." Anne starts singing, Colm, and Hugh joining in, PURE AWESOMNESS!!!!! And then after the line, "And remember, the truth at once was spoken, to love another person is to see the face of God.",  When "Do You Hear The People Sing" starts up, then I keep on crying, but smiling along with my tears.

"Do you hear the people sing, lost in the valley of the night, it is the music of a people who are climbing to the light, for the wretched of the earth, there is a flame that never dies, even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise! They will live again in freedom in the garden of the Lord, they will walk behind the bloodshed, we will put away the sword, the chain will be broken and all men will have their reward! Will you join in our crusade, who will be strong and stand with me, somewhere beyond the barricade is there a world you long to see, do you hear the people sing, say do you hear the distant drums, it is a future that begins when tomorrow comes! Will you join in our crusade who will be strong and stand with me, somewhere beyond the barricade is there a world you long to see, do you hear the people sing say do you hear the distant drums it is a future that begins when tomorrow comes! Ohhhhhhh, ohhhhhhh, ohhhhhhh, ohhhhhhh, tomorrow comes!"

(By the fantastic way, I did all of these lyrics by memory, except I had to look up one lyric, and that was "bloodshed", because I didn't known. I may have some mistakes in there. (My bad, if I do.) Pretty cool, huh? But this is my reason of liking this song. Such raw emotion, and great singing, you just can't beat that!



To love another person is to see the face of God.

Vive La France! Vive La France!



1 comment:

  1. The original line is "walk behind the plowshare," but I don't know, the movie version might be different.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has a voice; Make yours heard. Comment below to let me know your thoughts!