Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Sippin' Sweet Tea: 8-27-13




Okie dokie! Third Sippin' Sweet Tea. If you haven't already noticed, I am doing a pattern of these. I will post one every month of the 27th. My first one was on the 26th, but when I published my second, I noticed I was a day late. Six and seven are my favorite numbers, but seven has always been lucky for me. So I'll stick with the sevens. Maybe, when 2014 comes, I'll shake it up and do the 26th.

Now, I am still neglecting my novel The Last Dance. I need to look up what kind of dance moves there are. None of my stories have been moving much. I am spending some time reading, blogging and pinning on Pinterest. Pinterest is addicting. Period.

I have been writing a special fan fiction, about Joly, one of my favorite barricade boys! He is one of the underrated ones. Enjolras is slightly overrated (ducks from a booing crowd). He's a great character, don't get me wrong, but Joly is plain underrated. Victor Hugo doesn't help. Every barricade boy, even Feuilly and Lesgles have a back story. Joly gets a small little paragraph dedicated all just about how he is a hypochondriac. Honestly, NOT FAIR!!! So, I'm hopefully giving Joly the attention he deserves. I hope you all are enjoying! Part 3 is taking me a while. I'll drop a hint on what it's about: It's going slowly, because it's in the time of preparing for revolution. And since Victor hugo doesn't give me much to work with, I'll just have to work with what I got. Which is basically nothin'.

Not much has been going on in my personal life. The PBR is back on! (can I get a hallelujah here, Kenzie?) And Luke Snyder will be retiring this year (sniffles back a waterfall of tears) WHO IS CUTTING AN ONION IN HERE? I DEMAND TO KNOW!!!!!!! But at least he had a good run! If only he could just take it all at the Word Finals this year!!! I doubt it, but hey, a girl can dream, right?

School has started up for me. Being home schooled, I started up later than other school around me. I am taking Algebra, Rhetoric, Vocabulary, History, Science, and French. I am learning French by an app called Mango. I used to take Chinese on Rosetta Stone, but I didn't like it at all. Hate would be too strong of a word, and it is not a very nice word either. So I'll say, I disliked it very much. Better, right? Rosetta Stone will show you a picture of something, but it won't tell you what it means in English. Like it could be a picture of a woman doing some wacky hand gesture. What is that suppose to mean? They teach us phrases like, "Woman is wearing white socks." When am I ever going to say that if I go to China some day? I have no intentions, by the way. Mango teaches us things we're going to need. I'm in the basics, like hello, goodbye, mister, madame, see you later, thank you, you're welcome, do you speak English and more. Things I'm actually going to need to know how to say. I was to go to France for my hopeful senior trip. What places would I visit? Victor Hugo's house, the streets where the barricades were, the Cafe Musain, which is now a dumb McDonald's. Okay, let's pause for a moment, shall we? Why on earth would we replace a historical landmark and turn it into a fast-food restaurant? WHY, WHY, WHY??????? Okay, I'm done venting. Then I would want to go to the Paris Opera house and check out Box 5, and try to find some some cool hidden trap doors that Erik used. That would be amazing. Oh yes, who could ever forget the Eiffel Tower? Imagine watching the sunset at the top? Can you imagine, because I sure can!

I've been reading a book called Life Without Limits by Nick Vujicic. It's more of a self-help book, though it does tell his story. I can't believe how good it was. Actually, quite a bit of it can apply to me! I am still reading it, and so far, I am deeply impressed. Nick has such a good attitude, even though he has no arms or legs.

I"m totally loving the weather here. I usually don't like super hot weather, but it's a super good thing we have a large above-ground pool. It's always cold, the temperature around 80 or higher on a super SUPER hot day- just the way I like it! I love jumping right into a cold pool! What a splash to the face!!!!

There is a new series on television on the TLC channel called "Who Do You Think You Are?", about celebrities who dig deeper into their ancestry roots. I've only seen two, and I haven't finished them yet. The one with Chelsea Handler was kind of boring. It about her grand-father who may have been a Nazi sympathizer. I was expecting something better. It seemed to go really slow. The one I'm in the middle of is Chris O' Donnell. This was is awesome! Great paced, he finds some amazing things!!!!

So, I'm trying to choreograph my little sister's routine for the talent show next year in July. Yes it's quite aways away, but I figure if she keeps practicing it, she'll perfect it and be confident about performing it in time.

That been all in my life for this month. I don't think there is anything worth actually noting at the minute. I'll update it if I remember anything. This is Sippin' Sweet Tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has a voice; Make yours heard. Comment below to let me know your thoughts!