Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Tag, You Are It!



Alright, so I was over at Eva Schon's blog Ramblings of a Janeite, when I saw this awesome link-up! There are 12 questions and you get to answer them all. Link to the tab here. So (or possibly most) of my answers will be pretty long and all based on what I remember and the truth.

What was your first-ever piece of writing?
Well, I actually remember this clear as day!!! The "book" and when I wrote it. I was five years old in kindergarten when I wrote it. I actually just threw it away, probably three years or so ago. It didn't have a title, but it was about three maids who worked for a cruel king, then the king fell in love with one of the maids, whom I named Kida, after the movie Atlantis the Lost Empire. (Haha, I know!). Then they got married and had a beach party honeymoon! Crazy, I know, but that was my first ever book!

How old were you when you first began writing?
Up in question 1, I was five when I started to write. I guess I've always been a heavy writer. When I was I public school, I guarantee you I spent more time writing my novels and reading others, then learning math, language arts and anything.

Name two writing goals. One short term and one long term.
Well, for the long term goal, I would love to finish my book "The Last Dance" and get it published as soon as I can. JOKING! I'm not getting my book published anytime soon :(. Then my short one, I don't think I have a short one. All of them are pretty long!

Do you write fiction or non-fiction?
Fiction without a doubt!!! I've tried non-fiction and it just. does. not. work. at. all. Big bust!

Bouncing off question 4, what's your favorite genre to write in?
Probably for my "Holding The Secrets" series that would be under adventure, crime maybe and fiction. The Last Dance would be under fiction, romance, and I guess maybe "ballet"? I like to stick with Christian romance and Wild West stuff..........

One writing lesson you've learned since 2013 began.
You will probably think me, odd, but I don't know........ Probably learning when to write a number like this: 5 or five. I always got those mixed up. 

Favorite author, off the top of your head!
Janelle Mowery and Victor Hugo and Gaston Leroux. I know it says "author" but I can't pick, really!

Three Current Favorite Books.
When All My Dreams Come True, When Love Gets In The Way and When Two Hearts Meet.

Biggest influence on your writing {Person}:
That's a wonderful and hard question. I don't know anyone who has been an influence on my writing. Perhaps Lori Wick and Janelle Mowery would be on my list.

What's your go-to writing music?
Ooh, this has to be my favorite question! It would probably be The Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary at the Royal Albert Hall soundtrack, the Love Never Dies Australian Version soundtracks from t3hfiasc0's playlists, Les Misérables 2012 Movie soundtrack from yiquanchong's playlist, and possibly my country music playlist, which ranges from The Band Perry to Carrie Underwood. Possibly some Christian on the side. Which ever I feel like listening to, is what I listen to. I don't have to listen to a sad song to write a sad scene. For all you or I know, I could be listening to the song Awake and Alive by the band Skillet, while writing a death scene. Who knows! I could be writing a happy scene and listening to Calls Me Home by Shannon LaBrie. 

List three to five writing quirks of yours.
Hm. Well, I don't know if you would call these quirks. But whenever I write in my notebook, in which I hate, because then I have to manually transferre it all to the laptop I share with my sisters. I hate switching from a pen with black to blue ink. If I write with a pencil, it can't be sharp as a knife point. It almost has to be slightly dulled. It's very odd, I know. I hate when I get water or food on my paper, and I can't stand it when it crinkles, bends, or when it rips. 

What, in three sentences or less, does your writing mean to you?
Three sentences? That's it? (Those DON'T Count!) Writing means EVERYTHING to me! It's my lively hood, my life, my thoughts, my ideas, it all means so much for me, and I wish some of  the people I'm closest to would understand this. It's one of a few things that make me, me, and I'm so glad to have such a passion for writing. 

So, I hope you enjoyed learn a little more about me, and about my life of writing. Some of my answers may possibly be a little shocking, like writing my first short-story when I was five. From the music of musicals to country music, I am a very unique person. Some may call it weird or odd, I like to call it unique and original. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has a voice; Make yours heard. Comment below to let me know your thoughts!