Sunday, September 8, 2013

Pass The Popcorn: Holes





This is my first Pass The Popcorn. The movie that I picked is a Disney film called "Holes", based on the book by Louis Sachar. I've always loved this movie, it is a bit of a comedy to me.
PLOT:
Stanley Yelnats is a good young kid who is accused of stealing a donated famous pair of shoes, from his baseball hero Clyde Livingston otherwise known as "Sweet Feet". He is sent to a camp in Greenlake, Texas for 18 months as his sentence for his "crime". At this camp, all of the boys there are to dig one hole everyday.

CHARACTERS:
Stanley Yelnats the IV
Hector Zeroni "Zero"
Sam
Katherine Barlow (Otherwise known as "Kissin' Kate Barlow)

REVIEW:
This movie is a fun movie, with a pinch of romance, a lot of comedy, and a bit of action and mystery involved. Common Sense Media is a site where reviews of movies, music and books are given. They say that a good age range for Holes is around age 10. You can check out their review here.

For me, it's always been one of my favorite movies. I loved the story of the onion man Sam and Kate Barlow, along with the old flashbacks of Stanley's ancestors lives.

1 comment:

  1. Spot on with this write-up, I seriously feel
    this web site needs a lot more attention. I'll probably be
    back again to read through more, thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has a voice; Make yours heard. Comment below to let me know your thoughts!