Saturday, July 27, 2013

I'm Back! Love Never Dies: Australian Version





I'm baaaacccckkkkkk! The fair was awesome, super busy as usual. Our fair is absolutely huge, and succeeds in bringing in a definite crowd every year. About the talent show. I didn't place, unless you count fourth place out of five people, (including my sister) in the competition. P.S., July 26th was my Gotcha Day! (If you want more info. on what that is, comment below!) And what better to kick off my return? How about a great musical I love? I'll give you some clues:
1. It's beautifully written and tear-jerking (For Me At Least)
2. It is a sequel to another brilliant musical (It Most Certainly Is!)
3. And it was made by Andrew Lloyd Webber. (Oh Yeaaahhhh!)

(Drum Roll) It is Love Never Dies!!!!!


Ben Lewis as Erik in
Love Never Dies
Australian Production
*I Do Not Own Picture
Lately I have been on a phase of the musical Love Never Dies, the sequel to The Phantom of the Opera, by Andrew Lloyd Webber. I've always wanted to find the original London footage with Sierra Boggess and Ramin Karimloo, but have failed to find anything but the ending in terrible shaky quality. I was on Pinterest scrolling through someone's board and I found the Australian version of the "Finale" in great quality. I looked down to see the "publisher" of that video and hit the jackpot!!!! t3hfiasc0, has posted The whole musical of Love Never Dies (Australian Version) in great quality and parts. The only way I recognized the user name, was because this user also uploaded The Phantom of the Opera 25th Anniversary at The Royal Albert Hall in great quality in parts. I was so excited about Love Never Dies, that I watched the whole thing in less than 12 hours. (Usually it takes me two days to get through the whole thing with my crazy life) It was so good! As much as I absolutely love Sierra and Ramin's, I think Ben Lewis (Erik) and Anna O'Byrne (Christine Daae) are beautiful as the next chapter of both Erik and Christine's life. Ben's voice is just as deep, if not deeper than Ramin's, and it just sounds great. Anna's voice, don't get me started on it. It's so beautiful, it makes me wish I like I sounded like her or Sierra (In which I sound like a frog). My favorite songs are "Once Upon Another Time", "The Beauty Underneath", "Devil Take The Hindmost", "Love Never Dies", and "The Finale". Best songs ever!!!!
Anna O'Byrne as Christine Daaé in
Love Never Dies
Australian Production
*I Do Not Own Picture


So, I've only seen this version, and because of that, I have to say it's the best version I've seen. The songs are beautifully written, while the musical itself, well, I'm not sure about it. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's great, but.........just not as good as The Phantom of the Opera. I might have a "The Battle Of Love Never Dies: My Opinion", later, but the thing is, I really don't know what my opinion is, and/or anything to back it up. I'll work on that later.


Simon Gleeson as Raoul in
Love Never Dies
Australian Verison
*I Do Not Own Picture





For everyone who wants to check out the cast of the Australian version (The one I watched) without having to jump to Wikipedia for it, here it is:
Erik (The Phantom): Ben Lewis
Christine Daaé: Anna O'Byrne
Vicomte de Chagny Raoul: Simon Gleeson
Madame Giry: Maria Mercedes
Meg Giry: Sharon Millerchip
Gustave: Jack Lyall

There is more cast, of course, but these are the main characters of it. It is a shame, though, that the managers Firmin and Andre are not present in any Love Never Dies version. (I really love them!) But, it's pretty good.
Jack Lyall as Gustave in
Love Never Dies
Australian Production
*I Do Not Own Picture
Sharon Millerchip as Meg Giry in
Love Never Dies
Australian Production
*I Do Not Own Picture
Maria Mercedes as Madame Giry in
Love Never Dies
Australian Production
*I Do Not Own Picture

















The story line is set in New York, where Erik lives, ten years later. The worthy Madame Giry and her daughter, Meg, have smuggled him from the opera house in Paris, to New York on Coney Island. In the song "Til I Hear You Sing", he sings of wanting to see and hear Christine again. (The song title should tell a lot). He then lures the now-married Christine Daaé to New York with her husband Vicomte Raoul and their ten year old son Gustave. Usually, I would tell you the entire plot. But.....if you really want to find out more, then you'll just have to watch it!

If You Choose To Watch Love Never Dies, Tell Me What You Think In The Comments Box!

3 comments:

  1. I love Love Never Dies! Thanks for posting the actor that played Gustave, I couldn't find him anywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I love Love Never Dies, too! (Obviously) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it too, but t3hfiasc0 no longer exists and neither do any of their videos. Just to let you know.

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has a voice; Make yours heard. Comment below to let me know your thoughts!