Monday, June 9, 2014

Bring In The Books: The Pursuit Of Lucy Banning by Olivia Newport




Hullo! This book was also on my summer reading list. This book, was sadly a step down from The Blue Enchantress. 

Lucy Banning is not your typical aristocrat's daughter. She is very interested in going to universities, helping orphanages and doing everything that her mother and father don't approve of. Will Edwards is a talented architect who is a friend of Lucy's brother, Leo. Yeah, that's about it. 

Now, after reading a book which kept me up until midnight, I have a hard time expecting the next to be the same way. Sadly, it wasn't. Unfortunately, I found the book extremely boring at parts. I seemed to always be waiting for drama to begin. Or something that would add something more to the book. But pretty much, it was about all of Lucy's secrets. That was about it. I loved Will. I loved Leo. But it was pretty much about Lucy's routine of going to the orphanage, the art museum, riding in streetcars (which is strictly forbidden by her mother) and helping a staff member. *SPOILER* Even when Will went missing I wasn't all too concerned. 

So, overall, it was a bit of a boring read. Not the worst by far, but still not the best by a longshot. 

RATING: 6 stars out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment

Everyone has a voice; Make yours heard. Comment below to let me know your thoughts!