Thursday, June 12, 2014

Life Update And Apologies



Hey everyone! First of all, I wanted to apologize for my posts. They've been really short and choppy and seldom. Ye,s I manage a post, but only once nearly every four or five days. I feel bad, truly I do, and I've missed two of my Sippin' Sweet Tea's. But then again, they would probably be really boring. Sooo, it was a really long time ago, but I missed April and May's SST, but my sister and I went before an investor panel for our Young Entrepreneurs Academy business, along with the rest of our class. We had six minutes to convince business owners why they should give our companies money.

They judged us on our business plan, powerpoint and our speeches, and whoever got the most money would be the winner and move on to "regionals". I tied for third place, and got $1000 for my business, Radiance Redefined. If you want to get technical, I placed 4th, because of the percent of money that I did not receive. Don't let my dad tell you any different! ;) Buuuutttt, my sister Samantha won and moved on! So go over to her blog and congratulate her for me! She moved on to regionals but sadly did not get to move on to the finals. But she did great anyways! So, I have my website set up. You can't buy off of it yet, but I'm still working on that. By June 15th, though, you will!

Our YEA! class graduated about a week or so ago, so we're officially done. But what a great experience that it was! I encourage anyone to join. It's hard work, but without hard work, where would anyone be?

Ahhhh. I cannot believe that our 4-H county fair is so close. I usually anticipate the fair MAJORLY (ask my family), but this year, I've just been far to busy to be all smiles about it. Because I've been putting all my time into my business, I'm scrambling to get things done for the two clubs I'm in. (Media and Rabbit). So, yeah. Not to mention that the Rabbit Club work is harder now that I'm in the "seniors" group and I haven't been to the last meeting. So, yeah.

I'm also starting to think about craft fairs to sell my products at with my sister. So we're on the look-out for those also. At least Mayis over with and we can kind of breathe in June. Except we have a lot of graduation open houses to go to.

So, for summer, I'm probably not going to have a lot of time to write out well-written long posts. Most of this summer's posts will probably be doing a lot of book reviews. So I'm sorry if you get slammed all summer with tiny book reviews or barely any posts at all. But that's what I'm going to have to do. I hope you all have a great summer!

Have A Great Summer!

2 comments:

  1. Summer has rather hit me over the head too, so to speak, and though I am relishing nearly every second, however carefully I lay out my summer ideas - they nearly always seem to turn out differently. :) Hence, I understand your busyness and I hope you have a lovely summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to you and your sister for your accomplishment!! It sounds like you had fun and did really well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Everyone has a voice; Make yours heard. Comment below to let me know your thoughts!